Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reno - Work Day #1

The ugly valance above the top cupboards is coming down!! I have wanted to do this for a long, long time. CJ was opposed to doing this but I am sure glad we did. It is amazing how much larger and brighter the kitchen is with just this first small change. The ceiling will require some repair and refinish but I think it is totally worth it!


Next, out come the range hood and the top cupboards.. Did I mention the we have decided to go ahead with moving the position of the appliances?? The fridge will soon be located on the left side of this wall. Demo is kinda fun! Except for the mess, that is... Oh well, it will all be worth it!!



This is where the range will be located... with an over-the-range microwave above it. I can't wait for these horrible dark cupboards to be painted. Next comes some wiring to move the plug behind the stove and to put one in for the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!