Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Update!!

Not much for quilting, sewing or knitting news to share but a bit of a "life" update...

I have been working in a small town about 1.5 hours drive to the west of my home for the past three months or so. Because of the distance, I have been staying with my sister (who lives nearby) through the week and then going home just on weekends. During the week in the evenings, I have been also working on books for my daughter's pizza business. The books had gotten months behind so catching that up takes up most of my evenings. The weekends have become the time to catch up on laundry, mail, bills, yardwork and any shopping to be done. As you can imagine, that has not left me much "fun" time for crafts of any kind. Hopefully, I'll get those books done soon!!

I had every intention of selling my home and moving there so I'd be closer to work. The fact is, I need to move into a less expensive home or condo. It could be located anywhere as I am not tied to living in any particular place. Since I was working in a small town, homes are much lower priced so it would work out well.

Last week, I was told I had finished my probation and was hired permanently. I had already been pricing out homes here both in newspapers and online. I've been driving around town too just taking a look at what has "for sale" signs out front.

On Monday, the woman who told me last week I was hired permanently called me into the office and said that they were letting me go at the end of August...  The reason? I haven't put my house up for sale or bought anything here yet and she is "afraid" that I may not sell and that I'll decide to quit once winter comes...  HUH???  I tried to assure her that I had plans in place and that I could stay with my sister for as long as needed until I was able to move. She would hear none of it... so, I am once again out of work as of the end of the month.

Crappy, huh?? Now, I have to start looking all over again and hope to find something I like as much as this.

4 comments:

  1. That really sucks! Hope your able to find something enjoyabe...im attempting to do that too. Erica and i are talking to a couple people to see if we can get you a ride down to our wedding. If we can get you here, would you like to come? we would LOVE to have you, it has been much too long. We will be sending out invitations in the next couple of days. Talk to you soon!

    Love Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am brand new to your blog - as of today, and I am woundering if they can do that???!! Hire you and fire you, for no real reason, but assumptions ----- I would phone labour relations and just ask them. Not to cause problems, but just for your own knowlege. This just does not seem right to me.

    And you sounded so happy to be hired on!! -Oh, by the way, I live just outside of Edmonton, so this is why I am woundering... Have a fantastic day and enjoy this weather while it's here. News said next week is cooler....yuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like you had things moving in the right direction for this job, and this woman just pulled the rug out from under you!!! I'm with Brenda here though, I'd look into that, cause it doesn't sound like she would have a right to dismiss you on that line of thinking...
    Good luck with all that Edna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great site, First time here...will be back...:)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!