Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Are You Ready?

Because, this Friday Night is the March Sew-In!!

I know what I will be working on... I have been stuck on the layout of my Pink & Yellow quilt. All the blocks are sewn together but, my design wall in the sewing room is not large enough to lay out the entire quilt.

I finally got a flash of inspiration yesterday when I remembered I'd bought a queen size flannel sheet on sale a couple of years ago. I had thought, at the time, I 'd put it away until I could find a matching fitted sheet the next flannel sheet season. I've never seen another one in this particular olive drab color. What was I thinking??

Anyways, I dug out the sheet and put it through the laundry. Thankfully, it lost a bit of the dye so it is now a dark tan. I am going to hang it on the wall in my guest room to use as a temporary whole quilt design wall!! I will transfer my P & Y blocks to it so I can see the entire quilt and play with the layout. On Friday night, I will be assembling my quilt top!!

What do you have planned?? If you aren't signed up yet, go to Heidi's Blog and register!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!