Thursday, November 13, 2008

Catching Up

I have been working on the Rainbow Hearts baby quilt. This was an ebay purchase and I would have sent a complaint to the seller except that, her instructions clearly show that the block has the corner of the white square chopped off even though the picture of the finished quilt does not. I knew that I would not be happy with making it according to those directions and everyone who left comments on my previous post was in agreement with that.

First, I cut down all the white squares so that the corners would not be cut off in the finished block. The smaller triangles then fit perfectly but the large triangle was quite a bit oversized.

I sewed all the blocks and then cut them all down to the same size.

The instructions said to set the blocks 6 across and 9 down. That layout would have given a really long, skinny quilt especially now that my blocks were slightly smaller than the pattern intended. Since the kit actually had supplies enough for 60 blocks, I decided to lay it out with 7 blocks across and 8 down. After the supplied border was sewn on, the quilt is about 28 x 32 which I think is still a bit small. I think it could use another border. I'm going to go digging in my stash to see what I can come up with.

This does not seem like a lot to tell for almost 2 weeks... There was halloween of course and I had about 40 kids come to my door for treats. My two youngest grand-sons popped in for a quick visit as did my oldest grand-daughter and her friends. This grammie was not on the ball when the little ones were here and I didn't get a picture of them but I did get one of DGD with her friends. GD is dressed as Goth Raggedy Anne. My daughter always does such a great job of makeup for the kids! She also created the costume from an old prom dress and part of a bed sheet!! Talk about creativity! It was a beautiful day this year as it was warm enough that none of the kids needed extra coats or mittens etc. They all had a fun time of it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I really like this one.. the pattern and also the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!