Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Stash & Week in Review

Not too much sewing happened through the week other than during the Friday Night Sew-In. Check this post to see what I did.

WEEK 8 STASH REPORT 

Used this week: 0 M
Used Year to Date: 11.6 M
Added this week: 1.5 M
Added Year to Date: 3.4 M
Net used for 2010: 8.2 M

It sure is easy to pick up those innocent looking Fat Quarters but they can add a fair bit of yardage to the stash especially when there is no real plan for their use.





I have found a project that will use up about 26 to 28 of those FQ's. It is a Postage Stamp Quilt and there is a group of people signed up for this online project. Check it out at Handmade by Heidi. Now, I hope I can find enough 'background' in my stash to make this. It would be a bit counter productive if I had to go out now to buy 6.5 meters of plain to use for it. I will be hunting through the boxes and totes to see what I can come up with.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... first comment eaten by Blogger, apparently... ;-)

    Okay, so I have the same problem of not having enough lights/background fabs. The thing is, if you use a really dark dark, even a light-ish medium will look light next to it. And it adds to the intersting-ness (LOL) of the piece.

    At least that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

    (Yep, the first comment was a little more coherent!)

    T

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!