Sunday, July 4, 2010

Even Small Steps Forward Is Progress!

A little bit of sewing has been happening here and I do mean a little! I needed a clothespin bag and, instead of being patient and waiting to find the one I really wanted to do (see my previous post), I just went ahead and created a utility version. This is my new clothespin bagNothing too fancy, just used a fat quarter and some bias tape I'd had sitting around for a long time.
Two more blocks for Joseph's Coat were appliquéd this week bringing my total to 19 now. My hopes of doing 3 or 4 blocks a week have not materialized. Since I had to use 2 different background fabrics, I need to figure out what backgrounds I still need to cut and out of which fabric before I start assembling my first two rows. The last thing I want is to have to take them apart again...
Block 5 for the Hazels Diary was completed. Now I am only 3 behind...

My oldest grandson (13) is staying with me for a few weeks and I'm doing my best to try to keep him busy. That means doing things like cleaning out the garage and doing some repair work around the house instead of sewing. He's already washed both the car and truck twice by hand just for something to do!  Wonder if he'd like to learn to quilt??

STASH REPORT for Week #27

Used this week: .36 M
Used Year to Date: 18.66M
Added this week: 0 M
Added Year to Date: 17.07M
Net used for 2010: 1.59M

4 comments:

  1. Your sewing looks great!
    Sorry about moving things around on my blog. I thought it would make things simpler!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get caught up on Hazel's Diary too. I am one block behind right now but that could quickly change LOL

    Your blocks are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Joseph's Coat. LTNS
    Danee

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!