Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Stash Report

It has been a hard week for the stash. There has been a small amount going out but more coming in this week.

I have been working on getting petals prepared so I can continue to work on my Joseph's Coat project. I think I have finally mastered getting the points sharp with the freezer paper and starch. Now I just need to lay them all out and pin them to the background so I can continue to applique by hand.

I got a good deal on 3 charm packs. I figure that is about 2 meters of fabric. Please correct me if I'm way off.

I needed a border fabric to go on the Pink & Yellow quilt and wandered into the quilt store. I saw a fabric on the sale rack I felt would work well AND, it was 40% off!! I didn't have the quilt top with me because its still not all sewn together. I do have all of the blocks done though.. So, I took a chance that it would work and bought it.

After getting it home and looking at it with the blocks on the design wall, I am not so sure anymore. I probably should have waited until I had the top sewn together so I could take it along to audition borders with it. Oh well... I do really love the fabric.  If its not used for this particular quilt, it will get used at some point in time. I may even have to plan a quilt especially to use this print. Do you ever buy fabric because you think it will work for a project you are doing??

WEEK 9 STASH REPORT


Used this week: 2.4 M
Used Year to Date: 14 M
Added this week: 4.5 M
Added Year to Date: 7.9 M
Net used for 2010: 6.1 M

I'm loosing ground on my "net used" for the year so I need to get busy doing something! Don't forget to check out all the other reports on Judy's Blog

3 comments:

  1. yes, I have bought fabric that I think it would work and..... well, sometime I use it and sometimes, I just pretend I didn't buy it for 'that' project!!!
    always buy fabric you like and even if it doesn't get used for what you thought it would be good for, you will use it!!
    Have a great March!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't pass up fabric you like when it is on sale!! I always think I can use it for the back of something.
    The fabric you bought is beautiful, but I don't think it does anything for your beautiful quilt. (Sorry, you didn't ask for my opinion, but I just love that quilt!! Maybe it's my monitor!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for picking up that fabric! I'd be tempted, even if it wasn't on sale!

    And for future stashbusting reference, there is just a bit fewer than 63 charm squares (less about .25 of one square) in a metre of fabric. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to any questions. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!