Friday, July 11, 2008

Somethin's Stitchy

Here is an applique project I have started so that I can have some "TV" handwork to do.  It will be either a pillow top or I may frame it for on the wall. I had to go out and buy a whole lot of embroidery floss as I can't seem to locate my stash of those.  They are probably packed in a box "somewhere". I used to do counted cross-stitch so I know I have a bunch.  Oh well, gotta support the local enconomy.

After getting the main flowers arranged, I decided that it needed "something" so I added the little gold 5-petal flowers.  (I am still not used to documenting everything with pictures as I do it but, I will try to remember for future.) They are tiny.  I experimented with a few different stitches to attach them and finally decided on a teensy-weensy running stitch.  Thought it would take forever but, with the help of a set of magnifying lenses over my bi-focals, I got them done!

I have not even started on Lynette's Noah's Ark blocks yet but I did buy all the colors of floss I need in order to do them.  Then, I had to go back to the store to get the pigma pen to trace them. I found a strip of fabric that I hope will be large enough for the project and I have printed all the blocks out. I should be able to start soon....

And now,  THE RENOVATION UPDATE

Although renovations/painting are still continuing, and I fear it may be pretty boring to post pictures of another painted wall/door/baseboard, I am having second thoughts about the main color that we have chosen for the walls.  It seems quite dark to me compared to the "half-strength" primer that was on the wall first.  The room pictured here is in the basement. Seeing the color here in the picture, it does not seem quite as dark as when you are standing in the room. I wish the camera could show how I "feel" in the room with the color... 

Here is a bit of experimenting with color. The main color is the spot on the left and looks a bit more true to color than the photo above. The wall is done in primer which is half-strength of the main color. Then, we mixed equal parts of main color and primer to get a toned down color.

What do you think?? 

I am leaning more toward the "toned down" version at the moment but would love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

  1. PS. I like the brown colour and it will be wonderful if you have red accessories in the room, it will give a wonderful lift and create a very calming effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a basement area with just one window, I'd definitely go with a lighter color. When I painted my bedroom, it took 4 tries to get the color I wanted. The answer for me was to get 1 bucket, 1 gallon of a warmer white and 1 quart of a bright yellow. I mixed the white and yellow until I got a soft lemon frost. Best of luck to you in the renovations.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing what you have to say and try to respond to everyone who leaves a comment. Please be sure I have a way to contact you. If you are set to 'no-reply' I have no way to respond. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts!!